Posted on February 26, 2023
Episode 35 — Watch the Paint Job
“The movies lied to me. This seemed to be a lot easier than it actually is.”
It’s a new year and that means more of Terri talking to herself in a booth while Stephen likely does homework. That’s right! It’s time for new Obscure Chatter!
“If you don’t like a movie that I loved? That’s OK. Totally fine. Just don’t be a dick to me for liking something that you didn’t, and I will return the favor.”
After having to cancel our January episode, the Doty-Hoffs are now back officially for 2023!
Here are some topics and quotes that will hopefully intice you to have a listen:
- Puzzle Drama
- “But yeah, stop asking if I have kids. If my kids are not with me, assume I don’t have them or I hate them.”
- Family in China
- Hoff is 45
- “Talked about just how different our lives would be, but you know it would have been a good different.”
- Writing again for fun!
- Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out!
- BOFURI: I Don’t Want to Get Hurt, so I’ll Max Out My Defense.
- Wave, Listen To Me!
- “You’ll never hurt my feelings if you don’t watch the dub. It’s when you tell me that the dub is useless, than you and I are going to have a problem because it’s just intentionally antagonistic.”
- Laughing Under the Clouds movies
- “It’s kind of insane how far we’ve come.”
- Friendships: New, Old and Dead
- “It’s like whenever you’re meeting somebody and you kind of shake their hand and you’re like, ‘I don’t fucking like you.’ It was the exact opposite of that, where I’m like, ‘Man, I just want to split a Topo Chico with this bitch.”
- Falling back in love with writing
- “It’s watered the fuck down to the point where everything that you love about what you’ve done becomes convoluted for the sake of branding.”
- Missing having a Book Buddy
- The StoryGraph
- Writing Book 2 of The Eleventh Hours
- Adam & Steve
- “I can’t just take a gig to take a gig. I would rather hurt a couple of months than do this.”
- Cool Beans, Party Town, Banana USA
If you would like to be a part of a future episode, please submit a question via [email protected] (you can even remain anonymous) OR through @ObscureChatter or @TeeDotally.
Shout out to our Ko-Fi contributors and listeners! Hope you all are staying safe, healthy and talking over TV.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS