Posted on October 11, 2021
Episode 25 – Destination Defenestration
Our Halloween special is all thanks to you! OC listeners recommended over 30 films for Terri to watch during our October episode. Out of all those choices, Terri hadn’t seen 9 of them.
Terri chose [CENSORED] to watch for the first time.
Our listeners also gave us some of their favorite Halloween candy to munch on. With Stephen outside the booth and Terri inside, the two ate more candy then they had in at least the last decade—they’re currently still paying for it.
Here are some snippets that might entice you to listen:
- “Smells red.”
- “I just assumed you’ve seen everything by now.”
- “Give me pizza and a horror movie and leave me the fuck alone.”
- “Or maybe you guys are into that. I don’t know your life.”
- “I don’t know if i can properly describe seeing a dude in a toga get nailed in the temple with a full size Butterfinger.”
- “Do I like Reese’s Pieces or just really like ET?”
- “The Goonies for goths.”
- “The Sour Patch… was a mistake.”
Terri’s October Movie Recommendations:
- The Blob (1988)
- Trick ‘r Treat (2007)
- The Return of the Living Dead (1985)
- Night of the Demons (1988)
- Nightmare on Elm Street 4: Dream Master (1988)
- Young Frankenstein (1974)
- The Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
- Ginger Snaps (2000)
- Jennifer’s Body (2009)
- The Final Girls (2015)
- Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)
- Child’s Play 2 (1990)
- Dolls (1986)
- Pumpkinhead (1988)
- Casper (1995)
- ParaNorman (2012)
- The Babysitter (2017)
- The Monster Squad (1987)
- House on Haunted Hill (1998)
- Thirt3en Ghosts (2001)
- Ernest Scared Stupid (1991)
- Fright Night (1985)
- Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight (1995)
Terri’s October Book Recommendations:
- Trick ‘Treat: Day of the Dead by Michael Dougherty (2015)
- The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks (2003)
- My Best Friend’s Exorcism by Grady Hendrix (2016)
- The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White (2017)
Candy featured: KIT KAT (OG, Fruity Cereal), Sour Patch Kids (OG, Crush Fruit Mix), Candy Corn, Almond Joy, Reeses PB Cups, Swedish Fish, TWIX, Reese’s Pieces, Milk Duds, Peanut M&Ms, Whopper, Rolo, Snickers and Butterfinger.
Shout out to our Ko-Fi contributors and listeners! Hope you all are staying safe, healthy and talking over TV.
Recorded at Doty-Hoff Studios.